How To Reserve A Mobile App Name
When you start to develop a mobile app, one of the most popular questions that used to come to your mind is that "Can I reserve the name of a mobile app so that nobody else could make use of it?". And this is a fair one! After all, you would never want to end up doing the creation of a logo for your super fast calculator app the name of which is Uber just finding out later that the name of the mobile app has already been taken. So is there any way to prevent this situation from happening?
Let's start with the obvious thing: search on the App Store for ensuring that nobody else is having the same name as his mobile app!
The short answer to this question is that with Apple you can do the reservation of the name of your mobile app so that any other person would not be able to make use of this app. For doing so you are required to:
- Login to your itunesconnect.apple.com account
- Have to go to My Apps in the top right corner given there
- Add new app
- Have to complete the information for your new app. You have to keep this thing in your mind that you have the requirement of an app bundle for the completion of it.
- Press "Create" and now the name of your mobile app is reserved!
Everything is extremely simpler with the Android! You are not facilitated to reserve the name of your mobile app but you are allowed to have numerous apps with the same name. So, there is no requirement for the reservation of the name of the mobile app - you can definitely make use of it. It is another question that whether or not you are desired of having the same name as another app.
- Domain name for your app
- Facebook Page Name
- Twitter Page Name
- Other social media page names
- The domain name would be "sillypirate.com"
- Facebook page: facebook.com/sillypirate
- Twitter page: twitter.com/sillypirate
- Other social media pages like Instagram you are also required to follow the same logic: instagram.com/sillypirate